Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and I am not a skin care specialist. I am only sharing information that I have learned and tried out myself. These are tips that I find to be affective for my skin type (sensitive + combination/oily) and could be helpful to others. If you have food allergies or are sensitive to certain products, please consult your doctor.
I wanted to share a tip with you today on how to fade dark spots left by problem blemishs or slight discolorations of the skin. I know everyone has had an issue where their skin looks great + smooth + just completely beautiful except for dark spots left behind by a pimple that you may have accidently popped too early.
While going through a phase much like this, I decided to mix up some things in my kitchen to see what would work best. I used grapes, strawberries, sugar, and even baking soda. The mixtures made my skin smooth + glowy (I will share those tips in a later post), but my dark spots did not fade very much.
Literally years + many dollars spent at Sephora later, I tried a new mixture. Yaaaaayyyyy!! I found a homemade mask + toner combo that helped to fade my dark spots + even out my skin tone.
LEMON MASK + GREEN TEA TONER
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make your mask and toner:
BENEFITS OF LEMONS:
– Lemon is a natural antiseptic which can aid in the healing of blemishes.
– Lemon contains: Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Calcium, Phosphorus, Carbohydrates and Protein, all things that are very good for your body and skin.
– Lemons are acidic + which helps aid in fading dark spots.
– Drinking water with lemons/lemon juice, can help beautify your skin from the inside out.
BENEFITS OF YOGURT:
– Yogurt has zinc, protein, and enzymes that help to soften skin. Also, yogurt’s antioxidants help to protect your skin from free radicals.
– Yogurt is more on the acidic side which is great for light exfoliation of the skin + aiding in the lightening of dark spots.
– Yogurt is gentle to the skin, so no need to worry about harsh chemicals or irritation.
BENEFITS OF GREEN TEA:
– Green Tea contains antioxidants + has anti-inflammatory properties
– Green Tea applied under titanium and zinc-oxide based sun block can assist in helping protect you skin from the sun.
– Green Tea helps to detox the skin (and body) of impurities.
A FOUNDATION BRUSH:
(For application and mixing)
Brew some green tea + make it rather strong. A good green tea to try is A2AWorld Green Tea. Once the tea is complete let it cool. Once the tea is to a comfortable tempature for you, add in half a lemon or as much as you like. Add the mixture to a spray bottle + refrigerate for a nice cool toning mist or add to any type of container + use a cotton ball to apply to your face. I recommend these bottles for easy application. Use this after you cleanse your face + after you use your mask on those days you choose to use a mask.
Take a small bowl + add in 2 tablespoons of yogurt. You can adjust the measurements depending to your personal needs. After that add in a tablespoon of lemon juice + mix well with your spoon of foundation brush. Cleanse your face then pat dry completely. Use your brush to apply the mask all over the face (or area needed) avoiding your eyes. Let sit for 5-15 minutes then wash off with luke warm water. Next use your new toner.
The lemon juice on your skin can be drying, so please make sure to use your normal serums and mositurizer after you complete your treatment. I recommend that you only use this mask up to 2 times a week + the toner every other day. If you know your skin can handle it, use the toner every day but lightly! The natural acids in the yogurt + lemon are going to help exfoliate your skin softly while having a non-abbrasive bleaching effect which will help to fade your dark spots + even your skin tone.
I hope my post was helpful + please let me know if you try this method!! Thanks a bunch! ::muah:: 😉